Last modified April 10th, 2011
WE WILL NOT DISCLOSE PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION TO ANY THIRD PARTY WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT.
Information we collect and how we use it
Personally identifiable information
Any information that can be used to uniquely identify, contact, or locate a single person or can be used with other sources to uniquely identify a single individual.
- Email address and email communications. If you choose to sign up for a member "Account" on the Website, we will ask you to provide us with your email address. We will use your email address to uniquely identify your Account. Additionally, we may offer for you to opt in to receive email communications from us and from our partners individually. You may opt out of any email communications at any time.
- Ordering products. If you choose to purchase products from us, we will require you to provide us with information necessary to fulfill the order including your first and last name, mailing address, and credit card information. This information is never disclosed to parties other than our authorized shipping providers and our authorized payment processor, and only for the sole purposes of collecting payment and shipping the order.
- User Communications. When you send an email or other communications to Fish Itch, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests, or improve our services.
Non-personally identifiable information
Information that is recorded about users so that it no longer reflects or references an individually identifiable user.
- Surveys. We may offer for you to answer survey questions to provide information such as demographics, fishing preferences, and other anonymous information that we can use to better serve our members and negotiate prices with product partners. This information is always anonymous and always optional.
- Log files. Like many websites, our servers automatically collect and log information sent by your web browser to our server log files. This information is used to evaluate our systems and provide the best possible experience. The information collected in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider), your web browser and version, your operating system and version, the time you visited our website, the website which directed you to our website (such as Google), and which pages you visited throughout our website.
- Miscellaneous. In addition to the above, we may use anonymous information we collect to analyze and evaluate our systems and software to enhance or improve our products and services.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, appropriate encryption in the transmission and storage of data, and restricting access to personally identifiable information.
If you provide us with your credit card information to purchase product(s), we do not store that information or otherwise have access to that information internally. The data is immediately encrypted and securely sent to an authorized payment processor to facilitate the approval and collection of payment from the credit card provider.